While it’s unclear when the PlayStation VR 2 will launch, it’s a safe bet that PSVR 2 preorders will sell out quickly. Sony is yet to officially open preorders, but eager customers can sign up to have news and announcements sent directly to their inbox. And since PSVR 2 is bound to be a hot commodity, getting notified as soon as it lands could be the key to snagging a preorder. You should also tune into the latest State of Play to get a glimpse at upcoming games for the VR headset.
PlayStation VR 2 preorders
PS5 continues to have inventory issues several years after launch, so it’s a safe bet to assume the same will happen to PSVR 2. To receive notifications from Sony about the headset’s availability, you’ll need to head over to the official PSVR 2 website, sign in to your profile, then scroll to the bottom of the page to find the option to receive email alerts.
While we don’t know when PSVR 2 will release, we do know quite a bit about its technical specs. Since being revealed in 2021, we’ve learned the following:
- Eye-tracking cameras will follow your line of sight
- Four integrated cameras will track your body position and DualSense controller in real-time
- 2000 x 2040 resolution per eye, along with OLED HDR displays and 120Hz refresh rates
- PSVR2 boasts a 110-degree field of view
- Connects to your PS5 through a single USB-C cable
- It offers a sleek new design and new Sense controllers with adaptive triggers and haptic feedback
If you’re looking to learn more about PSVR 2, check out our deep dive into everything we know about Sony’s upcoming headset. And If you’re still trying to find a PlayStation 5 to pair with the PSVR 2, be sure to take a look at our PS5 restock tracker.
Editor’s Note: Article updated on May 2, 2022