What happens in Vegas, just this once, doesn’t have to stay in Vegas, as Niantic has announced Las Vegas will be the host for the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn in-person event early next year.
The Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas event will take place February 18-19 from 10 AM PT to 6 PM PT at Sunset Park, which is located directly southeast of Harry Reid International Airport. Trainers who attend will find new legendary Pokemon accessible via secret codes hidden around the park, a special research story, and more.
The specifics for the Las Vegas event are as follows:
- Increased chance for Shiny Pokemon, including Shiny Jirachi
- Primal Reversion forms of legendary Pokemon
- Secret codes hidden throughout Sunset Park that must be found to earn the chance for encounters with Legendary Pokémon.
- A Special Research story, available only to those who purchased a ticket, that lets players work alongside the Team Go Rocket Leaders for the first time ever.
- Special meet-and-greets with notable trainers from the community (names to be announced)
- A Ruby or Sapphire badge chosen by the player, with the choice determining certain parts of the event
- In-game bonuses, including:
- Distance needed to hatch an egg will be halved
- Up to nine additional daily raid passes per day from Gyms
The following weekend, February 25-26 from 10 AM to 6 PM local time, a global verison of the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn event will be available to all players. A free Special Research story centered around the Primal Reversion forms of Groudon and Kyogre will be available during the event, as well as a special Masterwork Research where trainers can access Shiny Jirachi.
Pokemon Go is available to download for free on iOS and Android devices. Early bird tickets for Pokemon Go Fest: Hoenn – Las Vegas are available in the app between now and December 31 for $25.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.